0.6.4 is here - with a new UI to suggest products
Update 0.6.4 is now in the Play Store!
- The clunky Google form has been replaced with a new native UI for suggesting missing products shown below. This should make it much more convenient for users to request products and easier for us to quickly review them directly.
- To use it, simply click the "Request missing product" link in search and then fill out this form:
What happens with suggestions?
- New entries in our database get created for new brands and products. These are hidden until we manually approve them.
- You can only suggest products in existing categories for now.
- A way for users to also suggest release details (launch country, date, price, links, etc.).
- A notification system to let users know when a request gets approved or rejected.
- An in-app UI to let selected users (e.g. our current crrowdsourcers) approve products right from the app to speed things up even more.
What to do now?
- Try suggesting new products using the new interface! If you hear of any product launches yourself going forward, add those, or we have a bunch of older user requests to add in the list that you can pick from: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yLWeirmFR6y1PqkvgjGToqdJGdaXoCcFn5mhYpibc9I/edit
As always, you can give feedback and report issues to us either on our Discord or shoot us an e-mail. We read the reports even if we can't manually respond to all of them, so thanks for reporting!